SBA was appointed by developer Brookgate for the fit out of its headquarter office in the iconic Spillers Mill building at the heart of the CB1 development in Cambridge.
Our remit was to design a high-quality, modern and sustainable combined office and showroom reflecting Brookgate’s core values, showcasing their architectural models and optimising the value of the high ceilings, large windows and industrial heritage of the building.
The fit out included the addition of a 55m2 mezzanine with glazed frontage to retain the open feel, volume and character of the space whilst providing the acoustic separation necessary for confidential meetings.
The project benefitted from the Client’s involvement throughout the construction phase, personalising elements of the design and enhancing the brand identity. The design team worked closely to seamlessly integrate these amendment whilst minimising any impact on programme and budget.
The accommodation provides:
- A showroom with waiting area accessed directly off the entrance lobby
- 2 meeting rooms and a boardroom
- Open plan functional office on the lower ground level
- Staff and separate visitor WC facilities
- Break out space with kitchenette
- Rear entrance leading to staff facilities including a PPE store & shower
- Outdoor break out area