SBA was approached by our Client, a world leader in next generation mobile technologies, to develop an imaginative and aspirational scheme for the refurbishment and rebranding of the reception area at their UK head office in Cambridge
The objective was to wow visitors, rationalise the layout, reinforce branding and improve the waiting and meeting facilities. The project timeframe was very tight, having lost time to unsatisfactory design proposals by the incumbent designer.
Operating under a strict confidentiality agreement, we worked closely with the facilities team to develop proposals for the following:
- New reception desk
- New branding proposal
- An audio-visual screen in waiting area
- New confidential meeting pods with monitors and integrated power, ventilation and lighting
- Enlarged waiting area with a coffee making facility
- New furniture throughout reception, including all meeting spaces -
- New feature lighting
- Improved acoustics
- Refurbishment of balustrades to complement the new scheme
- Refresh existing meeting rooms, where retained
- Design in flexibility and future proofing.
The completed design has been very well received by staff and visitors alike and has led to repeat business for this Client as well as attracting the attention of a neighbouring business.
- Reconfiguration of reception waiting area
- Reconfiguration and refresh of meeting rooms
- New furniture
- New bespoke reception desk, planter, coffee station, games table
- New branding
- New technologies demo zone and feature lighting