Saunders Boston Architects was introduced to Scarsdale Vets through its work for the University of Nottingham.
Scarsdale is a clinical associate with the University, providing supervised hands-on experience for students.
Scarsdale is one of the largest private veterinary practices in the country with several branches and two hospitals.
The Pride Veterinary Centre, on Pride Business Park, was formed using an existing Industrial Building and doubling its size with a 2 storey extension on an adjacent vacant plot. The initial ‘master plan’ allowed for future growth by leaving ‘fallow’ spaces in all areas of the complex.
Due to the complex space planning adjacencies required in a hospital, where the correct circulation ‘flow’ is vital for clinical security and efficiency, the master plan included some of all the elements required but left pockets of space to be filled in at a later date.
This has already benefited the business with 2 major phases of work carried out since the hospital first opened. This has enabled expansion of the pet resort, consulting rooms, offices and clinical spaces to meet the successful growth of the business without major disruption to the day to day functioning of the facility.
- Tier 3 RCVS Accredited Small Animal Hospital
- Wards, Prep Room, Theatres
- Consulting Rooms
- Referral Centre
- Education Base for University of Nottingham
- Imaging Suite (Ultrasound, X-Ray, CT, MRI)
- Rehab Suite (Hydrotherapy and Physiotherapy)
- Retail Centre and Grooming
- Pet Resort (Cat and Dog Boarding)
- Conference and Training Centre
- Group Headquarter Offices