This project involved the relocation of 500 staff of 8 different departments from a number of city centre locations into an office building off Madingley Road.
The scope of works included the strip out and refurbishment of the existing building, the construction of a new mezzanine floor, a new entrance lobby, a new link building as well as landscaping and reconfiguration of car parking and cycle racks. Appointed by the Contractor, SBA joined the delivery team (at stage F) with a remit to value engineer the project from £7m to £5m without compromise to quality or functionality. A fit out cost of £104ft2 was achieved, providing exceptional value to the Client.
Alongside the above works, SBA was appointed by the University to assist with FF&E procurement from tender analysis through to delivery, a challenge which involved value engineering the FF&E from £700k to £365k at the same time as increasing the number of workstations. Once again, SBA met the challenge and succeeded in delivering the FF&E package, complete with bespoke reception desk, on time and on budget whilst maintaining the integrity of the scheme, the quality of the furniture and flexible/acoustic furniture in break out areas for agile working.
- Rationalisation of services
- Simplification of design and detailing
- Specification of cost effective finishes
- Rationalisation of joinery
- Review of fire strategy with consequent reduction in number of escape stairs
- Comprehensive review of all sanitaryware, accessories, fixtures and fittings
- Flexible furniture solutions
- Reuse of existing furniture in team/supporting facilities